Express Shelter Underground Garage Storm Shelter
Express Storm Shelters manufacture and install storm shelters. These are all steel, fully underground, in your garage floor. This is the safest type of shelters you can own. Our shelters won’t crack like fiberglass or concrete. Our shelters are the utmost in protection against tornadoes and severe weather. View Impact Video.
You have the ability to park your car in your garage and still access the shelter when bad weather happens. No need to move your vehicle or go out in the wind, hail, and rain.
Underground Garage Storm Shelter Features, Pricing and Installation Process
Our prices include shelter, installation, tax, dirt removal and clean up; a 4000 lbs. winch, hand rail, removable stairs and benches; and 3 battery operated swivel LED lights. The stairs, benches and floor are carpeted.
3' wide, T long, 4.5' deep = 21 sq ft
Retail Price- $4000 ($190.48 sq ft)
4' wide, 7' long, 4.5' deep = 28 sq ft
Retail price = $5000 ($178.57 sq ft)
51 wide, 8' long, 5' deep = 40 sq ft
Retail Price - $6000 ($150.00 sq ft)
Underground Garage Storm Shelter Features
- Sliding 1/4″ Steel Plate door with handle lock, quality 10 gauge Steel Walls surrounded by 4″ of Concrete from top to bottom.
- Installed in your garage (park on top of it and still have entry access)
- Coated with an epoxy/tar blend, that dries hard. Approved by US Corps. of Engineers for use on dam gates, underground gasoline tanks, and offshore drilling rigs
- Natural air exchange built into the lid design
- 4000 lb winch
- Battery operated LED lights
- Carpeted Floors
- Hand Rail
- Removable stairs and benches
- 2 piece lid where both lids open from the inside, with the stationary lid being an emergency exit
- 25 year warranty against rust and leaks
- Registered with the National Storm Shelter Registry & your local Emergency Management Agency where available, so if your area has an event they know where you are located and can get to you quickly
- Meets and Exceeds FEMA 320 standards and the more strict ICC/NSSA standards for shelters
- Doubles as a mechanic's bay
- Normal Installation Time: One Day (4-8 hrs.)
Please keep in mind when shopping for a storm shelter that you should always consider the number of house guests you may have plus your family when severe weather strikes the area. Some of the most devastating storms have hit during the holidays.
When shopping around for tornado shelters please keep in mind the actual dimensions and square footage (length X width). NOT the number of people they say it will hold.